‘Batman: Arkham City’ Soundtrack To Feature Serj Tankian, Coheed and Cambria + More
System of a Down singer Serj Tankian's 'Total Paranoia,' Coheed and Cambria's 'Deranged', AFI offshoot Blaqk Audio's 'Afterdark' and Panic! At the Disco's 'Mercenary' are among the brand new songs to be featured on the forthcoming ‘Batman: Arkham City -- The Album,’ the official soundtrack to the forthcoming video game of the same name.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, the Duke Spirit, the Raveonettes and Daughtry are among the other artists offering "their own musical interpretation of the 'Batman' mythology" for the soundtrack, according to a press release. The album is due out Oct. 4, while the 'Batman: Arkham City' video game follows two weeks later, hitting stores Oct. 18.
Speaking of the tune his band wrote for ‘Batman,’ Coheed and Cambria frontman Claudio Sanchez said, “I write in a very conceptual format . . . but ‘Batman’ has a much larger, defined history and rules that go along with it. My goal was to find universal themes from ‘Batman’’s existing history to help give the lyrics legs and dimension so that the song could live within that world.”
‘Batman: Arkham City -- The Album' Track Listing:
1. Panic! At The Disco - 'Mercenary'
2. Coheed and Cambria - 'Deranged'
3. The Duke Spirit - 'Creature'
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - 'Shadow On The Run'
5. Blaqk Audio - 'Afterdark'
6. The Raveonettes - 'Oh, Stranger'
7. (Crosses) - 'The Years'
8. The Damned Things - 'Trophy Widow'
9. Daughtry - 'Drown In You'
10. The Boxer Rebellion - 'Losing You'
11. Serj Tankian - 'Total Paranoia'
In addition, a special collector's edition version will include:
12. A Place to Bury Strangers - 'In The Shadow'