Contact Us

2013 Grammy Awards Controversy

Home Message Boards Rock Music Discussion 2013 Grammy Awards Controversy

This discussion contains 4 replies, has 5 participants
Last updated by  chris ayres 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  •  

• February 12, 2013 5:45 PM at 5:45 pm Post #121579

Loudwire
    Administrator

In the Best Hard Rock / Metal Performance category, Halestorm beat out Anthrax, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Marilyn Manson and Lamb of God to win the 2013 Grammy Award. Does Halestorm deserve the trophy?

February 13, 2013 3:32 AM at 3:32 am Post #121622

bkcummins
    Subscriber

I believe that Halestorm did deserve to win, because they are talented musicians, they have worked hard to get to where they are in the short amount of time they have been a major touring band (not saying that the other musicians are not, let’s keep that straight).

This is what people have to keep in mind with the Grammy Awards: outside of the previous winners who are aloud to vote, the majority of the voting party comes from old music critics who are in some secluded, very private organization that “think” (I’m using that word very loosely) they have the right to judge music. What it eventually comes down to is what artist/group/duo these critics think has a more outstanding performance; in this case they thought Halestorm’s song stood out more than the other nominees.

All the Grammy’s really amount to is recognition. The fact that the Grammy’s actually have a category for hard rock and metal is enough recognition for our bands. You can’t say that the Grammy’s themselves are worth crediting because you look at the past years and some of the bands that have won hard rock and metal (Jethro Tull beating Metallica in the first ever metal Grammy, Metallica winning for St. Anger) and they don’t understand the metal music like we, the fans, do.

As far as this year’s Grammy is concerned, I would have been happy with any of the bands that were nominated because I like them all and love that a group of old bastards thought the songs had something more to them than others. If the category was split into a Hard Rock category AND a Metal category, I think Halestorm would have had more competition in the Hard Rock category, like if Stone Sour, Art of Dying, Black Veil Brides, Marilyn Manson, Slash, Van Halen, Shinedown or The Darkness had been nominated, and Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Lamb of God, and Megadeth would have had a more “genre friendly” chance of winning a Grammy. The fact that they put the two together is just lazy and inconsiderate to our music.

Everyone just needs to be happy that these six bands were recognized by a bunch of old bastards as having talent, be congratulatory to Halestorm for the win, and get over it because there’s nothing we can do about it except move on and get ready for the Golden Gods Awards since we actually have a say in who wins.

February 13, 2013 4:43 AM at 4:43 am Post #121623

Jan
    Subscriber

I totally agree with bkcummins. I love halestorm and do think they deserve to win, BUT they are not metal– they are rock— hard/rock. two totally differrent categories, and yes those old codgers do not like any of this music so they lump it all together and do not realize it is two different styles of music!!!! they need some young (er) people on that board. I was totally disgusted with the grammies and turned it off after about 40 mins. I have been totally disgusted with the grammmy’s for too many years to even count.

February 13, 2013 7:48 AM at 7:48 am Post #121624

are you kidding me this is one of the most upsetting things ive seen at the Grammys I mean I just torture myself listening to the “winning song” and no ,no metal at all. I mean how could they put this little band on the top of metal this is ridiculous, Marilyn Manson would have been a nice surprise but the media dislike him a lot. Lamb of god would have been the right choice for the metal category. I respect the classics but I think that they had enough already. Congrats to halestorm probably this would be the last time we are going to hear about them …….bull…..

February 14, 2013 7:50 AM at 7:50 am Post #121928

chris ayres
    Subscriber

Anthrax or Lamb of God should have won as Halestorm are not really a metal band i would describe them as more of a hard rock band and also Anthrax has been around since the 80,s and have made some amazing music in their time so i think they deserved to win because of all the hard work they have put in over the years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You have to or Sign Up to participate in the discussions

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://loudwire.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on Loudwire quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on Loudwire quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!