Alice in Chains Uproar Festival Flyaway Contest – Official Rules
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA, LLC
The ‘Alice in Chains Uproar Festival Flyaway’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES WHO HAVE REACHED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AS OF May 28, 2013.
1. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
2. PRIZE: The prize of the Contest consists of the following: (a) two (2) tickets for the Uproar Festival concert in Phoenix, Arizona on September 13, 2013; (b) round-trip coach airfare from the nearest major U.S. airport to the winner’s primary home in the 48 contiguous United States to Phoenix, Arizona in coach class (or equivalent) for the winner and one (1) guest on a carrier and on dates to be specified by Sponsor; (c) two (2) nights hotel accommodations for the winner and one guest in a hotel (one (1) double occupancy room) on dates to be determined by Sponsor; (d) opportunity for winner and one (1) guest to attend meet and greet with Alice in Chains (subject to artist availability).
The estimated total retail value of the prize of this Contest is one thousand and five-hundred dollars ($1,500.00) which value may vary based on the location of the winner’s primary home. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to substitute any or all of the prizes, in whole or in part, for any reason, with any article or service of similar or greater value. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize rutns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions and limiations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the winner. Local transportation, luggage fees, and any and all other travel related fees not included in the airfare, as well as taxes owed by the winner and his/her guest as a result of the Contest, meals, gratuities, and any and all other personal and/or incidental costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever, are the sole responsibilities of the winner and his/her guest. Winner must have a valid credit card for incidentals.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on April 29, 2013 and ends May 28, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59p.m. Eastern Time on May 28, 2013.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Contest during the Entry Period by going to the participating website, signing into the entry form and performing the tasks provided. Multiple entries are permitted. By entering this Contest you unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All entries, as well as all copyrights thereto, will become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries. Your entry must be submitted within the Entry Period or it will be deemed void. Sponsor will be the official time keeper for this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to void and/or disqualify any entry for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
5. ONLINE ENTRIES. The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified; any use of automated methods of entry may result in disqualification. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the 48 contiguous United States who have reached twenty-one (21) years of age as of May 28, 2013. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after April 29, 2013 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
7. WINNER SELECTION; WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period by Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions are final. The winner will be selected and notified on or about May 31, 2013. The winner will be notified by e-mail. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. In the event that Sponsor cannot reach the winner within one (1) day after it attempts to notify the winner, or it is determined that the winner is ineligible, Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, select a new winner in his/her place at random from all remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
To claim the Prize, the winner must:
(a) confirm receipt of the notice by return email; and
(b) complete, sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor), a 1099-MISC IRS tax form (to be provided by Sponsor) and such other documentation (if any) requested by Sponsor.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (as defined below, each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Sponsor Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your personal information (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Sponsor Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after May 31, 2013, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Alice in Chains Uproar Festival Flyaway” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Alice in Chains Uproar Festival Flyaway” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
15. PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal Music Group (the “Prize Provider”).
17. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.