Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes has been on a tumultuous ride since the horrific terrorist attacks that killed 89 people at the band's show in Paris on Nov. 13 of last year. His inflammatory remarks claiming some security personnel were conspirators in the attacks have now led to two French festivals dropping the band from their lineups.

A joint statement was released from Rock en Seine and the Cabaret Vert festival, which reads, "Being in total disagreement with Jesse Hugues’ recent allegations given in an [interview] with an American media, both Cabaret Vert & Rock en Seine festivals have decided to cancel the band’s performance. We thank you for your understanding."

In March, Hughes incensed Le Bataclan, the venue where the attacks took place, when he suggested the conspiracy. “Out of respect for the police still investigating, I won’t make a definite statement, but I’ll say it seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up,” Hughes said to Fox Business of six security guards who he says failed to report to work on Nov. 13. He backtracked, issuing an apology after Le Bataclan called his comments "grave and defamatory accusations."

However, Hughes went on to make similar remarks, alluding to the conspiracy with much further elaboration in an interview for Taki Magazine. "A day after, at the stadium, Muslims booed the moment of silence and we barely heard about it in the press. I saw Muslims celebrating in the street during the attack. I saw it with my own eyes. In real time! How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination," Hughes stated when positioned with the statement, "The French are so concerned with racism, they’re letting Muslims get away with murder."

Eagles of Death Metal are currently on a headlining North American run supporting 2015's Zipper Down with Death From Above 1979. A list of tour stops can be found at our 2016 Guide to Rock + Metal Tours.

50 Most Controversial Hard Rock + Metal Album Covers

10 Rock + Metal Interviews Gone Wrong