Spotify Offers Barack Obama Job as ‘President of Playlists’
Barack Obama might not have to give up being President after all! The two-term Commander-in-Chief has been “offered” a job as the President of Playlists by Spotify.
President Obama teamed up with Spotify in 2016 to make two Presidential playlists. They weren’t filled with much rock, though The Beach Boys’ “Good Vibrations” and Bob Marley’s “Could You Be Loved” were nice touches.
During a recent meeting with Sweden’s ambassador, Obama joked about getting a job at the Swedish company. “I’m still waiting for my job at Spotify… Cuz’ I know y’all loved my playlist,” Obama reportedly said. In response, Spotify CEO Daniel Ek has created a President of Playlists job opening on the company’s website.
It looks like only one man is fit to fill the position. Just take a look at the qualifications:
– Have at least eight years experience running a highly-regarded nation.
– Familiar with the Spotify platform, with experience in programming playlists at a federal level. Anything from an eclectic summer playlist, to a celebratory, “I just found my birth certificate” playlist.
– Have good relationships with a wide range of artists and musicians. Ever had Kendrick Lamar play at your birthday bash? We’d love to hear about it!
– Can speak passionately about playlists at press events. Let us be clear, you should be nothing short of one of the greatest speakers of all time.
– A keen attention to detail and consistency. Able to work closely with other departments, so playlists can hold up to public scrutiny.
– Someone with good team spirit, excellent work ethic, a friendly and warm attitude, and a Nobel Peace Prize.
Looks like it’s Obama’s job for the taking. But hey, Barry, if you don’t end up getting the gig, give us a call! We’d love to get your secret death metal playlist!
10 Bands Who Told Politicians to Stop Using Their Music
Subscribe to Loudwire on