Philip Anselmo Reveals Details for 2015 Edition of Housecore Horror Fest
Following the tragic death of Housecore Horror Festival co-founder Corey Mitchell immediately after the 2014 festival, many wondered if the popular event would return in 2015.
The answer is a resounding yes, as co-founder Philip Anselmo says that the decision to continue was driven by a desire to honor Mitchell.
"I've got a great team in place to help make this what Corey and I wanted it to be," Anselmo says. "There are a lot of mixed emotions here because no one can replace him. But, we know he would want this to continue and so that's what we're going to do. We miss him and think about him every day."
The third annual festival will take place Nov. 13-15 in San Antonio, Texas. The first two festivals had been held in Austin. Bands already confirmed to play are Suffocation, Autopsy, Cripple Bastards, Nails, SYk & Dalila Kayros, YOB, Eyehategod, Child Bite and Warbeast. Maryland Deathfest co-founder Ryan Taylor will be booking bands this year, with more acts to be announced.
In addition to live music, the festival features horror films. Filmmakers are encouraged to submit their films and winners will be selected in various categories and given the coveted Rot-Scar Award. "When Corey and I started this thing, it was important to us that we help independent filmmakers get their incredible work discovered," Anselmo says. "Nothing has changed, in that respect."
Ticket information and more details on this year's Housecore Horror Fest will be released soon, and we'll pass along the info as soon as we get it.
Philip Anselmo Remembers Dimebag Darrell
See the Ages of Philip Anselmo and More Rock Stars in This Birthday Gallery: