Nine Inch Nails Reveal Timeline for Trilogy’s Third EP, Plus News on Cane Hill, Ernie Ball + More
- For those waiting on the third part of Nine Inch Nails' EP trilogy, Trent Reznor has revealed some new information. Speaking with BBC Radio 6, Reznor explained, “We started out with a rigid concept, having not written them all. As we finished Add Violence we found ourselves… it felt too predictable. It felt like we were forcing things. Musically and storytelling-wise. The reason this has been delayed is because it took us a while for—what has become the third EP—to reveal itself to us. We’re in the process of finishing this right now and should be out before the shows take place." That would put the new EP arriving in June ahead of the band's European dates.
- Congrats to Cane Hill, as their songs "Lord of Flies" and "It Follows" have been chosen as the theme songs for WWE's NXT Takeover in New Orleans. Wrestler Triple H revealed the news via Twitter. The band offered this comment: "We're incredibly excited to intertwine our brand of heavy metal into the seams of NXT. Sports entertainment has always gone hand in hand with heavy music and it's a true honor to have our songs represent WWE's NXT Takeover: New Orleans." The event takes place April 7 at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans and will stream live at 8PM ET/5PM PT on the WWE Network.
- Slash, Jimmy Page and Keith Richards have all taken part in a new ad campaign for Ernie Ball's Slinky guitar strings. "The Colors of Rock 'n' Roll" campaign centers on the various colored packages representing different string recipes/gauges. Slash leans to the "Purple," while Page has been playing "Pink" and Richards has gone "Green." Learn more here.
- Metal vets Saxon are back with a new video for their song "Nosferatu (The Vampire's Waltz)." "It's dark, it's gothic, it's Nosferatu. Hope you like it," says Biff Byford, who adds, "Big thanks to the students from the University of South Wales and Seth Byford for making this video." Watch the clip here.
- Valhalla Lights have unleashed two new songs from their My Gracious Highway album. Take a listen to "Crucify" here and to "Escape to Silence" here. The band's new album is on target for an April 6 street date.