August Burns Red Tell Us 10 Things You Didn’t Know About August Burns Red
August Burns Red are back with their seventh studio album, Found in Far Away Places, and while you may have a pretty good grasp on who the Pennsylvania rockers are at this point in their career, there may still be a few things you didn't know about the guys. Luckily, the band members have chimed in and revealed a few facts about themselves that you may not know. Check out their revelations below.
JB Brubaker - Guitar
1. I played tennis all through high school and upon quitting in college in 2003, I turned my attention to music and started ABR with Brent and Matt.
2. I am self proclaimed as having the largest collection of Cliff Lee baseball cards on the planet. (Over 750 different cards!)
Dustin Davidson - Bass
3. My favorite musician is John Mayer. Didn't see that one comin', did ya?
4. Before the band I was a mechanic and would often bring cars that had been totaled back to life. In fact, my daily driver is a 2006 Subaru WRX that I cut in half and welded on a new rear end.
Brent Rambler - Guitar
5. If I wasn't in a band, I'd most likely be in real estate. I've actually completed all of my courses and exams to become a realtor during the band's downtime.
6. I don't really listen to much embarrassing music, but I can say that as a child I was rocking out hard to “Africa” by Toto in my parents' basement, and accidentally stepped on a nail that went right through my foot. Awesome.
Matt Greiner - Drums
7. I am afraid of the pitch dark. When the lights are off in a room I usually wake up freaked out and clawing at the air.
8. I like Frank Sinatra. My grandfather loved him and he gave me a couple boxes of cassette tapes he recorded of Sinatra from the radio.
Jake Luhrs - Vocals
9. I'm awful at sports. I played soccer when I was younger and scored two goals for the opposing team ... in one game. I never forgave myself and ended up spiraling into a deep depression after that!
10. When I was a kid I used to love watching Lifetime, literally their slogan was "Lifetime, the channel for women." Every time I heard that I would lower my head in defeat ... That too, led me spiraling into depression... Never forgave myself for that either!
So there you have it! Do you feel like you know the guys a little better now? Will you hunt for rare Cliff Lee baseball cards in hopes of gaining JB Brubaker's attention? Will you start shouting "Your Body Is a Wonderland" in hopes that Dustin Davidson will honor your request at shows? Might Jake Luhrs just have landed himself a spot as a celebrity spokesperson for the Lifetime network?
Who knows for sure, but one thing we can tell you is that August Burns Red's new album 'Found in Far Away Places' rocks! Check out the songs "The Wake" and "Identity" in the players below. The disc is currently available at Amazon and iTunes. And be sure to catch the band on the Vans Warped Tour this summer. Get the dates here.
August Burns Red, "The Wake"
August Burns Red, "Identity"