Ghost Court Case Talks Begin, Plus News on KISS, Incubus + More
- There appears to be movement in the case of four former players for Ghost and frontman Tobias Forge, as Norrköpings Tidningar reports that representatives for the musicians and for Forge will meet today (Nov. 13) in a court in Linkoping, Sweden. The Monday meeting was designed to prepare for any uncertainties in the investigation and to look into the conditions for a settlement. The four musicians are seeking monies they feel they were owed while with the group, claiming that Forge was the sole controller of their business affairs and that they had a partnership. Forge has denied a legal partnership existed and were not owed any more than their fixed salary.
- The 2017 KISS Kruise just ended, but organizers are wasting no time in getting the ball rolling on the 2018 edition. The eighth edition will kick off on Oct. 31 in Miami and you can register to receive details and join in the pre-sale at the official KISS Kruise VIII website.
- Incubus, who recently postponed tour dates in Las Vegas after the recent mass shooting at a festival, have now rescheduled a pair of tour dates for The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel. Look for the band playing Feb. 2 and 3 in 2018. For ticketing info, click here.
- The Amity Affliction have covered the Silverchair classic "Tomorrow" for a new Silverchair tribute compilation titled Spawn (Again): A Tribute to Silverchair. “I was obsessed with Frogstomp as a 12-year-old boy. I wanted to be Daniel Johns,” said Amity Affliction's Ahren Stringer. “‘Tomorrow’ was the hit and what the world heard first, and still is the hit of their career, in my opinion.” Take a listen here and pre-order the set, which also includes covers by Northlane, Tonight Alive and more here.
- Gary Clark Jr. will be featured on the season-opening episode of PBS' Speakeasy alongside fellow Texas guitar great Jimmie Vaughan. PBS stations in New York and Los Angeles will begin airing the episode today (Nov. 13). See a preview here and get more details on the episode at this location.
- Sick Puppies have announced a pair of December dates where they'll be celebrating the tenth anniversary of their Dressed Up as Life album. Catch the band playing these special shows Dec. 7 in Hollywood at the Whisky-a-go-go and Dec. 9 in Denver at Herman's Hideaway.
- We won't string you along! Get a closer look at the DNA of Apocalyptica's native Finland in their new video for "The Symphony of Extremes." See the beauty and the harshness of the rugged yet epic terrain in the clip here.
- After recently revealing their cover of Faith No More's "Epic," The Veer Union have pulled out an original track called "Last Regret" for their new History of Our Evolution collection. Take a look at the lyric video for the track right here.
- Japan's favorite rock animals Man With a Mission are back with a new video for "My Hero." True to the title, the clips gives viewers the bit of an origin story of how Man With a Mission inspired a new superhero to put on the costume. Watch it here.
- Up-and-comers Modern Mimes have covered Type O Negative's "I Don't Want to Be Me" with a nod of support from the originators themselves. After the video surfaced online, Type O Negative promoted on their socials. Check out the Modern Mimes version and video here. The band's debut disc, Wake Up, was released earlier this year.
Loudwire Music News