Black Label Society’s ‘Grimmest Hits’ Debuts Strong, Plus News on M. Shadows, Danny Worsnop + More
- It was a big opening week for Black Label Society's Grimmest Hits, which debuted at No. 4 overall on the Billboard 200 Album Chart. The disc was also No. 1 on the Billboard Hard Music and Independent Music charts and No. 2 on the Rock Chart for the week. Elsewhere, the disc was the top selling album at Best Buy and landed the No. 1 spot on the iTunes Top Rock Albums Chart.
- It was recently revealed that Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows would be the first guest on the Member Guest podcast with Linkin Park's Dave "Phoenix" Farrell and pro golfer Brendan Steele, but the friendship between Shadows and Steele also recently carried over to a Golf Channel segment. Watch the rocker and the golfer hit the links together here.
- Asking Alexandria's Danny Worsnop is working on a new solo album titled Shades of Blue. He's launched a website with a 30-second preview of a new song called "Little Did I Know" that you can check out here.
- Anthrax continue the rollout for their upcoming Kings Among Scotland concert DVD. Get a look at their performance of the iconic track "Caught in a Mosh" right here and look for the DVD dropping April 27.
- Blessthefall are getting their ducks in a row for 2018. The band just signed to Rise Records and now have their Hard Feelings album on the release schedule for March 23. They just released a video for the single "Melodramatic" that you can watch here. Pre-orders for Blessthefall's Hard Feelings are being taken here.
- Get ready for a brooootal spring. Carnifex and Oceano are teaming up for the "Chaos and Carnage" tour, taking place in April and May. The trek will also include Winds of Plague, Archspire, Spite, Buried Above Ground, Shadow of Intent and Widowmaker playing select dates. See the full run with all the stops and get more info here.
- A Scorpions classic is getting some extra love thanks to an upcoming movie. The track "Rock You Like a Hurricane" features prominently in the new trailer for The Hurricane Heist, a film starring Toby Kebbell and Maggie Grace about a treasury heist taking place during a Category 5 storm. Watch the trailer here. The film hits theaters March 9.
- Staying in that bluesy rock vein, Thunderpussy have debuted their new video for "Velvet Noose" at Billboard. Keep an eye out for their self-titled album coming this year via Republic Records. The song is also featured in the current film Molly's Game.
- Veteran rockers Bulletboys are back with the new album From Out of the Skies. They've dropped another new song, so take a listen to the title track right here. The album is due March 23 via Frontiers SRL.
- Senses Fail have announced plans for an Album Release Party at The Club at the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs on Feb. 11. You can take part in the listening party and catch the band playing a live acoustic set. For those interested, you can RSVP here. The group's new album, If There Is Light, It Will Find You, is due Feb. 16.
Loudwire Rock News