Megadeth Recut Vocals for ‘These Boots Are Made for Walking,’ Plus News on Volbeat, Blink-182 + More
- Megadeth's set to reissue Killing Is My Business ... and Business Is Good on June 8 and the new edition features a newly recut vocal by Dave Mustaine for the Lee Hazlewood cover song "These Boots Are Made for Walking." Speaking with Billboard, Mustaine revealed how a decade after the cover version had been issued, Hazlewood's camp asked that the cover be removed despite being paid for the usage. "They wanted to have the song come off the record, but rather than do that, we just went in and beeped out all of my words and left his words in there. Now we’ve got this third version that has the original lyrics that Nancy [Sinatra] sang. As much as we wanted to send a message to Lee Hazlewood’s camp, we didn’t want to send that kind of [misogynistic] message to our fans. So when we had the opportunity to go back and fix it, I figured, 'Yeah, let’s go in and do that,'" stated Mustaine.
- Been curious about what Volbeat's been up to? Guitarist Rob Caggiano revealed during a chat with Belfast Metal revealed that the band's members have been working on music and that the current plan is "going into the studio at some point at the end of this year."
- Blink-182 rocked their California song "Kings of the Weekend" and their classic hit "I Miss You" on Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday night (May 23). The appearance came in advance of the start of their Las Vegas residency, which begins May 26 at the Pearl Theatre at the Palms Casino.
- Leave it to Weezer to have a little fun with social media. A Twitter account had been begging the band to cover Toto's "Africa," the band responded, but not with "Africa." Hear their version of Toto's "Rosanna" right here.
- Biffy Clyro are giving fans another taste of their upcoming MTV Unplugged Live at the Roundhouse collection, issuing a video for the acoustic version of "Medicine" right here. Look for the set arriving tomorrow (May 25).
- While we're on live videos, Devin Townsend Project are giving fans a look at "Truth," a performance from their Ocean Machine - Live at the Ancient Roman Theatre Plovdiv set that was recorded on Sept. 22, 2017. "I am very proud of this release and it represents a culmination of many years of material. The concert actually is in two parts, with Ocean Machine being the second. It was a fantastic night and an unforgettable experience with the die-hards traveling from all around the world to be there with us," said Townsend. "As I move into the next phase of my life and career, this live in Bulgaria DVD stands as a monument for me, and what we achieved with the DTP. As always, words fail me when it comes to expressing what the support of the audience means, but I thank you and everyone involved for allowing this to happen." Look for the new album and DVD from the special show on July 6.
- The Zealots are closing in on the June 1 release of their Only Rocks Live Forever, but they have another song and video to share. Take a look and listen to their latest clip for "Tangerine Dreams" here.