San Francisco Giants Announce 6th Annual Metallica Night, Plus News on Dee Snider, Kamelot + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, Wire-to-Wire provides you with some of the other key rock and metal news items from Feb. 5, 2018:
- Metallica and the San Francisco Giants are keeping their long-running partnership alive with the 6th Annual Metallica Night at AT&T Park on April 23. As in the past, members of the band will take part in the National Anthem and first pitch, as well as taking part in some between inning fun. Ticket packages include a ticket to the game, a special Metallica / Giants cap and there will be a VIP event in which Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett will speak with Stefan Chirazi about their early Bay Area days in Triples Alley. For more info, click here.
- Dee Snider is back cranking it up in the studio. In a new Instagram post, Snider lets fans in on a bit of the new song "Lies Are a Business." The singer is working with Jamey Jasta on the effort.
- Kamelot are undergoing a lineup change, with drummer Casey Grillo announcing his exit from the band, while Johan "Jo" Nunez will be taking over behind the kit. The band is working toward the release of their new album, The Shadow Theory, and is expected to announce new shows in Europe and Japan later this week.
- It's official! Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler is now a member of the Birmingham Walk of Stars, receiving his plaque from the city's mayor during a presentation in the midst of the Aston Villa vs. Burton Albion soccer match. See a photo here.
- John 5 and The Creatures are promising some "very special guests" for their upcoming April 6 performance at the Whisky a Go Go in Los Angeles. "This is going to be epic," says the guitarist. However, Sebastian Bach revealed that he will be joining the show, along with Nikki Sixx and Scott Ian. Bach also revealed that John 5 will be on two songs for his next album.
- Deicide are back at work on new music, according to a social media posting. According to the post, the band is "wrapping up the new album."
- Speaking of studio work, Bloodbath have returned to the studio in Stockholm, Sweden. The band confirmed they've started on their fifth album, with a photo of Axe behind the drumkit.
- With L.A. Guns prepping for their Made in Milan concert release, there's another new live video to check out. Watch the performance of "No Mercy" right here.
Loudwire Rock News