Listen to Samples of Korn Covering Faith No More, Asking Alexandria Covering Slipknot + More
Metal Hammer will be celebrating their 30th anniversary with a special covers CD, Decades of Destruction, included in their upcoming celebratory issue. The disc will include cover songs from 16 bands with huge names like Korn, Asking Alexandria, Devin Townsend, Sabaton and Katatonia in the mix. Samples of each cover can be heard in the video above.
Opening up the disc is Korn's take on the Faith No More debut record title cut, "We Care a Lot." The opening drum beat of the song comes in immediately and the vocal refrain with the group chant declaring the title. Up next is a 30-second snippet of Asking Alexandria covering Slipknot's legendary "Duality."
Other standouts include Devin Townsend's version of the iconic Accept song "Fast as a Shark" with special guests Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah and Accept's own Wolf Hoffman. Devy opens it up with an ear-piercing scream and reaches into his upper register on the rest of the sample, sounding surprisingly close to classic singer Udo Dirkschneider.
Also making appearances are Sabaton covering the defenders of true steel, Manowar, Katatonia's rendition of the Judas Priest's Defenders of the Faith cut "Night Comes Down," Wilson tackling Rage Against the Machine's "Sleep Now in the Fire," Cane Hill heading up Alice in Chains' "We Die Young" and more.
The 30th anniversary issue of Metal Hammer will be out Sept. 13. Check out the track listing below to see what other bands are featured on Decades of Destruction.
Metal Hammer's Decade of Destruction Compilation Track Listing
01. Korn, “We Care A Lot” (Faith No More)
02. Asking Alexandria, “Duality” (Slipknot)
03. Devin Townsend, “Fast As A Shark” (Accept) (feat. Wolf Hoffmann of Accept and 04. Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah)
05. New Years Day, “mOBSCENE” (Marilyn Manson)
06. Sabaton, “Kingdom Come” (Manowar)
07. Katatonia, “Night Comes Down” (Judas Priest)
08. Cane Hill, “We Die Young” (Alice In Chains)
09. Hacktivist, “Break Stuff” (Limp Bizkit)
10. Wilson, “Sleep Now In The Fire” (Rage Against The Machine)
11. The Qemists, “Blind” (Korn)
12. Employed, “Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste” (Norma Jean)
13. Counting Days, “Disciple” (Slayer)
14. Stoneghost, “I Disappear” (Metallica)
15. Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard, “Scum” (Napalm Death)
16. No Consequence, “The Pot” (Tool)
Top 100 Hard Rock + Metal Albums of the 21st Century
10 Epic Onstage Pranks