Wire-to-Wire: Greta Van Fleet Add More Headline Dates, Plus News on Sweet & Lynch + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, here are some other rock and metal news items from July 26, 2017:
- Greta Van Fleet have added several new shows to their upcoming fall headline tour. Fans in Grand Rapids, Mich., Clarksville, Tenn., Huntsville, Ala., New Orleans, La., Tucson, Ariz, Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle are all getting new shows. Check here for dates, venues and ticketing info.
- The pairing of Stryper's Michael Sweet and Dokken / Lynch Mob's George Lynch are readying their second album under the Sweet & Lynch moniker. A fall release is expected for Promised Land, which also features James Lomenzo and Brian Tichy rounding out the lineup.
- Prog metal fans rejoice, as Ne Obliviscaris have announced an Oct. 27 street date for their next studio album Urn. The disc is now available to pre-order here and you can watch their newly released video for "Intra Venus" here.
- Orange Goblin have started the writing process for their next studio album, with an eye toward a spring 2018 release. Jaime Gomez Arellano will produce and Motorhead's Phil Campbell has been confirmed for a guest spot. Meanwhile, the group has scattered dates for the remainder of 2017. Find out where they're playing here.
- Byzantine have unveiled their new video for "Vile Maxim" off their new album The Cicada Tree. The disc drops Friday (July 28), and you can watch the hard-hitting performance-based video here. Pre-orders for the disc can be made here.