Marc Rizzo Leaves ‘Return to Roots’ Tour Due to Emergency, Plus News on Senses Fail, Papa Roach + More
- Guitarist Marc Rizzo has left the "Return to Roots" tour featuring Max and Igor Cavalera to return home. According to statement from manager Gloria Cavalera, Rizzo had a "dire family emergency." She asked for prayers and also revealed that Mike Leon will be filling Rizzo's spot during his absence. The tour is currently winding through Europe. See dates here.
- Senses Fail will return in 2018 with their seventh full-length album, If There Is a Light, It Will Find You. The disc is due Feb. 16 through Pure Noise Records and you can pre-order the album via the band's website. The group also has a new song called "Double Cross" that you can check out here.
- Papa Roach's "Periscope," which features a guest vocal from Skylar Grey, has a new remix done by DJ duo EMRSV. "When we first heard 'Periscope,' we were blown away by the song. We could just feel the raw emotion Skylar and Jacoby's voices brought to the track," says EMRSV. "We were super excited to get the opportunity to add our touch to it, and work with artists we've grown up listening to. We wanted to incorporate some powerful chords and uplifting strings to really accentuate the emotion in the song and bring to life its dance music potential. Getting to work on this remix was a dream come true!" Take a listen and pick up a copy here.
- Sinaro have unleashed their metallic new track "Break the Paradigm" featuring a guest turn from All That Remains' Oli Herbert. "It's an honor to have my friend Oli Herbert join us in this video and do such amazing job on his guest solo. All my bandmates in Sinaro are also very influenced by All That Remains' albums. The whole band was extremely excited for this collaboration." There's also a new video for the song which centers on a high stakes card game and finds the band playing in a wooded area. Watch the clip here.
- Keeping the Christmas spirit, melodic metallers Starkill have recorded a cover of "All I Want for Christmas." Guitarist Parker Jameson says, "Anyone who knows us well knows we're legitimately huge fans of Christmas music. We figured it was time just bite the bullet and do one of our own, so we decided to pay homage to one of our favorite tracks of all time do a cover of this Mariah Carey classic." Crank it up and check out their rendition here.