The Ghost Inside plan to play more shows following their first live performance since the November 2015 bus crash that claimed the lives of two drivers and seriously injured band members and crew.

As imparted in a video update Tuesday (Aug. 27), this summer's triumphant return from the SoCal metalcore act — the "rising from the ashes" event staged July 13 in Los Angeles — proved the group can overcome the obstacles still facing them. That said, the Ghost Inside don't expect to undertake a full tour anytime soon, though they are working on new music. Watch the video down toward the bottom of this post.

"Welp, here it is," the band said in an accompanying statement. "A month and change has gone by since our show in LA. We've spent most of that time together working on music and discussing the next chapter of TGI. By no means are we ready physically or mentally to do any touring, but July 13 proved to us that we are much more than capable of overcoming all of the challenges that have been placed in our way, and we are ready to play a few more shows."

The group continued, "As the plan for when and where those will be comes together, we will continue to put all our cards on the table. We like to think we are on every part of this journey together with you. Stay tuned as the first couple of announcements will come up quick! TGI now, TGI forever."

July's comeback event sold out the Shrine Auditorium, with frontman Jonathan Vigil at one point proclaiming to concertgoers, "If we aren't the most loved band in the world, it sure feels like it." Drummer Andrew Tkaczyk lost his right leg in the 2015 accident — an issue the musician overcame with the help of a special prosthetic device. In January, it was first reported the Ghost Inside were writing new music.

Best Rock Songs of 2019… So Far